August 15th, 2016 | Posted in News
Gun guru and bestselling author John R. Lott, Jr. exposes the Left’s lies on gun control
WASHINGTON, D.C.—When it comes to the gun control debate, there are two kinds of data: data that’s accurate, and data that left-wing billionaires, liberal politicians, and media want you to believe is accurate. In The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies (Regnery Publishing; $27.99; 978-1621575801), nationally-renowned economist John R. Lott, Jr. turns a skeptical eye to well-funded anti-gun studies and stories that perpetuate false statistics to frighten Americans into giving up their guns.
Democrats are using the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando to justify their skewed anti-gun rhetoric, when guns are not the issue at all. The resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement brought about a mass shooting of its own. Again, Democrats blamed the act of violence and racial hate on guns. As Lott clearly proves, guns are not the problem.
With the nation divided on this hot-button issue of gun control, the upcoming presidential election is more important than ever. In a recent speech, Hillary Clinton vowed to revoke Americans’ right to own guns, saying, “The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment, and I am going to make that case every chance that I get.”
In this, his latest and most important book, The War on Guns, Lott offers the most thorough debunking yet of the so-called “facts,” “data,” and “arguments” of anti-gun advocates, exposing how they have repeatedly twisted or ignored the real evidence, the evidence that of course refutes them on every point.
In The War on Guns, you’ll learn:
- Why gun licenses and background checks don’t stop crime
- How “gun-free” zones actually attract mass shooters
- Why Stand Your Ground laws are some of the best crime deterrents we have
- Women now hold over a quarter of concealed handgun permits
- How big-money liberal foundations and the federal government are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into “public health” studies, the sole purpose of which is to manufacture false data against guns
- How media bias and ignorance skew the gun debate—and why it will get worse
- From 1950-2010, not a single mass public shooting occurred in an area where general civilians are allowed to carry guns
To schedule an interview with John Lott, please contact Caitlyn Reuss
at Caitlyn.Reuss@Regnery.com or 202.677.4436