The Escape of Jack the Ripper
The Truth About the Cover-up and His Flight from Justice
“I doubt that anyone else will be able to offer a more comprehensive portrait of this Ripper suspect than these authors have done.”—DR. KATHERINE RAMSLAND, Psychology Today
A MYSTERY SOLVED
In 1888, five gruesome murders shocked the civilized public. A bloodthirsty killer was on the loose in the slums of London. The world was on the lookout for Jack the Ripper.
Scotland Yard never found their man—or so they said publicly. The police knew the killer’s identity but concealed it to save the ruling class from embarrassment.
The Escape of Jack the Ripper, the true story behind the Whitechapel murders, reveals how British elites manipulated the public to protect one of their own. Through meticulous research, including documents disclosed here for the first time, Jonathan Hainsworth and Christine Ward-Agius have uncovered the killer’s identity.
In The Escape of Jack the Ripper, you’ll learn:
- How a fit of madness transformed a reputable gentleman into a savage murderer
- That the killer was caught literally red-handed but talked his way out of police custody
- About the decades-long cover-up by the press and the police to protect a well-to-do family’s reputation
- About the harrowing social conditions in which the murders took place and why the killer may have been a frustrated reformer
- How the social privileges enjoyed by the ruling class led to a miscarriage of justice
A thoroughly researched and gripping tale, The Escape of Jack the Ripper solves the great Whitechapel murder mystery once and for all.
Published: July, 2021
Buy from Regnery
Get FREE Shipping on all domestic orders over $50!
- List Price: $29.99
- List Price: $14.99