The War on Guns
Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies
When it comes to the gun control debate, there are two kinds of data: data that's accurate, and data that left-wing billionaires, liberal politicians, and media want you to believe is accurate. In The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies (Regnery Publishing; $27.99; 978-1621575801), nationally-renowned economist John R. Lott, Jr. turns a skeptical eye to well-funded anti-gun studies and stories that perpetuate false statistics to frighten Americans into giving up their guns.
In this, his latest and most important book, The War on Guns, Lott offers the most thorough debunking yet of the so-called “facts,” “data,” and “arguments” of anti-gun advocates, exposing how they have repeatedly twisted or ignored the real evidence, the evidence that of course refutes them on every point.
In The War on Guns, you’ll learn:
- Why gun licenses and background checks don’t stop crime
- How “gun-free” zones actually attract mass shooters
- Why Stand Your Ground laws are some of the best crime deterrents we have
- Women now hold over a quarter of concealed handgun permits
- How big-money liberal foundations and the federal government are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into “public health” studies, the sole purpose of which is to manufacture false data against guns
- How media bias and ignorance skew the gun debate—and why it will get worse
- From 1950-2010, not a single mass public shooting occurred in an area where general civilians are allowed to carry guns
Published: August, 2016